Back-to-school diagnostic sports quiz
With back-to-school starting this week, it’s time for a quiz to sharpen your mind sports style and get the kinks out of the way. Answer based on numerical order as in answer based on picking a number of the multiple choices. It was hard to put letters as multiple choices, so I went with numbers. You can respond by tweeting at @GrobberMongo or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can answer on your own for your own exercise.
1) The Mets will find it hard to make the wild-card after a losing homestand unless
- The Mets don’t lose anymore games this month after beleaguered Mets closer Edwin Diaz blew a 10-6 lead in the Mets’ 11-10 loss to the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night at Nationals Park when called on to fix the mess Paul Sewald and Luis Avilan created in the ninth and their wild-card competitors lose frequently.
- The black cat makes way to haunt the Chicago Cubs.
- Valley fever hits many players that play for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Philadelphia Phillies, Washington Nationals and the rest of the Mets’ wild-card competitors.
- Major League Baseball will allow the Mets to play more games against the Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Chicago White Sox and Miami Marlins.
- Win in spite of Mets manager Mickey Callaway and Diaz.
2) What’s been the reason for Brett Gardner’s resurgence this season?
- Fountain of Youth
- Pixie Dust
- Flintstones chewable vitamins
3) When will Eli Manning pass the baton to Daniel Jones?
1. Week 8
2. Week 12
3. Week 5
4. Week 10
5. Week 2
4) When will Odell Beckham Jr. lose his mind?
- Week 2
- Week 6
- Week 11
- Week 13
- Week 5
5) When will Adam Gase’s honeymoon end?
1. Week 3
2. Week 1
3. Week 7
4. Week 10
5. Week 17
6) After Rutgers football head coach Chris Ash surprisingly started McLane Carter at quarterback in the Rutgers’ season opener against UMass, when will Art Sitkowski start at quarterback after starting last season?
- Week 2 against Iowa
- Week 5 against Maryland
- Week 3 against Boston College
- Week 4 against
7) Where will Carmelo Anthony play this season?
- The Big 3
8) Where does Matt Harvey go from here?
- Pitching for Long Island Ducks
- Minor league tryout for some MLB team
- Talking head
- Being a fixture on New York Post’s Page Six
9) When will the Islanders start groundbreaking for the Belmont Arena?
- Start of training camp
- Opening Week in October
- New Year’s Day
10) Which Knick will be disgruntled this season?
- Julius Randle
- RJ Barrett
- Dennis Smith Jr.
- Marcus Morris
- Bobby Portis
11) How will the Devils handle Taylor Hall being an impending free agent?
- Let season play itself out
- Trade him in the deadline
- Hope and pray he agrees to an extension
- Beg him to stay under no certain terms
- Build a statue of Hall to sucker him into saying
12) The Mets No. 1 objective during the offseason will be to:
- Fire Mets manager Mickey Callaway
- Trade Noah Syndergaard or give him an extension
- Beg 82-year-old pitching coach Phil Regan to stay one more year.
- Make Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen watch him say “Come Get Us” on tape over and over and over until he is blue in the face.
- Find a sucker to get Edwin Diaz off their hands.
13) Who will be the Yankees’ scapegoat if they don’t win championship No. 28?
- Yankees general manager Brian Cashman
- Yankees manager Aaron Boone
- Giancarlo Stanton
- Gary Sanchez
- James Paxton
14) How old will Tom Brady play up to?
- 42 years old
- 47 years old
- 50 years old
- 60 years old
15) When all is said and done, who will be the longest tenure coach in NY/NJ Sports?
- Yankees manager Aaron Boone
- Mets manager Mickey Callaway
- Giants head coach Pat Shurmur
- Jets head coach Adam Gase
- Knicks head coach David Fizdale
- Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson
- Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard
- Rutgers head coach Steve Pikiell
- St. John’s head coach Mike Anderson
- Islanders head coach Barry Trotz
- Devils head coach John Hynes
- Liberty head coach Katie Smith
16) Most overused line in NY/NJ Sports?
- Kansas City model
- Come Get Us!
- Anything stupid out of David Fizdale’s mouth
- Same Ol’ Jets
17) The best bet of the NFL season is:
- The Jets finding a Jet-like way to lose.
- Giants fans chanting and calling for Daniel Jones to start.
- Everyone gushing about Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
- Media crowning the Dallas Cowboys.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Patriots celebrating another Super Bowl championship.