Chimney fire shuts down route 9

Colonie, NY — A chimney that blew a little too much smoke was to blame for a portion of route nine being shut down Saturday evening, as crews battled a blaze at one of those Loudon Road homes we all secretly dream of living in when scurrying past in vehicles we can barely pay the bills on.

The incident began around 7:30 p.m. when a neighbor called and said that the house was on fire. Turns out the living orders were not actually up in smoke and the fire was actually in an attached garage.

No one was hurt n the fire that took five departments to put out and the family was able to stay in the house.

“Other than the cold, everything went well,” Colonie Deputy Fire Coordinator Michael Romano told Tim O’Brien of the Times Union.

 

Comments are closed.